Number?

Drop in, say hello to other owners and fans, and buy some coffees...

Number?

by saw » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:51 am

I don't have a number plaque on my CSK. I bought it 10 years ago over the phone from a chap in Scotland. At the time I didn't realise they had these plaques. Does anyone know how I can find out the number? The reg. plate is J746DYO.

Re: Number?

by Ducati » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:34 pm

Might not be a genuine CSK. Or has part of the dash been replaced ?

by saw » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:45 am

I am pretty certain it is genuine as it matches every detail of other CSKs I have seen. I think the previous owner may have taken the plaque as a souvenir. Is there a way of tracing it through any of its other manufacturing numbers?

by j,moore » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:33 am

hi, im pretty sure that if the plaque has gone then there is'nt any way of finding out the number of your car unfortunatly. i've had mine to pices and while apart i found no unique markings to state the exact build number so i'm not sure how you would find out yours. you can tell if it is a genuine csk from the vin number, but to find the exact buld number is almost impossible :(
regards, james.

by saw » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:57 pm

Thanks James.

by Johnners » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:24 am

One way to do it might be to trace the former keepers via the DVLA and see whether any of them can recall the car. You might get lucky and find one or more that can remember the CSK number. Two would be ideal as independent corroboration.

by RIOMUT » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:21 pm

Can Gaydon not specify on the build records which no. it is. I have always found them very helpful.I am in Scotland so if you want anyone to go and knock on any doors to ask i will try to help.

by stuclark » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:10 pm

Gaydon don't have CSK build numbers on record unfortunately.

My current one has it's number scribbled on the back of the window switch wooden panel; but I realise that's not an official recognition place.

Other than that, I don't think there's anything that ties the CSK number to the build number; they didn't come off the production line in CSK number order.
CSK 109: Genuinely 34K miles, genuinely unrestored, genuinely in need of some TLC.

by saw » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:39 am

stuclark Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gaydon don't have CSK build numbers on record
> unfortunately.
>
> My current one has it's number scribbled on the
> back of the window switch wooden panel; but I
> realise that's not an official recognition place.
>
> Other than that, I don't think there's anything
> that ties the CSK number to the build number; they
> didn't come off the production line in CSK number
> order.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I think I will try to track down the previous owners.