A CSK "rally" in 2007

Drop in, say hello to other owners and fans, and buy some coffees...

Re: A CSK "rally" in 2007

by Michiel Bakkenes » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:57 pm

I just put a call on the forum of the RRR site to ask CSK owners/enthusiasts if they are in for a csk rally and referred them to the CSK site to apply for the the rally. Let me hear your voices!!!

by John.Reddie » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:54 pm

Well, there doesn't seem to be widespread interest in this idea. I'm not keen on unsolicited email myself but think that I should perhaps email everyone I have an email for and ensure that people know about our proposed event. If that generates a lot of "unsubscribe" requests then so be it - I won't be making a habit of this anyway!

The list of email addresses will of course remain confidential.

Stay tuned while I figure out how to export the list of addresses!

John
John - CSK072
WebMaster - www.rangerovercsk.com

by Gareth » Sun May 06, 2007 9:19 am

unfortunatly i'm not able to do the rally. got a few issues with the engine in TIDOS ie head problems and overfueling.along with a long list of small niggles so made the desision to take it off the road for a bit for a rebuild hope it's not going to take to long!
have fun whatever you deside!
cheers
No. 57
old enough to know better-young enough not to care

by j,moore » Tue May 08, 2007 10:20 pm

hi, it would appear that not everyone is as nostalgic as us, what a shame, or they possibly dont trust their csk's to do such a journey. thease are old cars and i should think many are maintained on a tight budget just to keep them on the road but why not give it a try, afterall other clubs manage to hold such events whith much more tempremental cars. mabye the route needs shortening so that it dosent seem such a trek. i can help out whith recoverys on the northen routes and can repair most things at our premises . i dont realy know what more to say i just hope we can get a few owners motivated and hopefully make it happen, i will be there from york onwards till the end or till the old girl gives in. i'm off to the land rover show at driffield this weekend, its not a bad show as long as the weather holds out i just wonder how many other csk's will be there. so see you all soon and good luck!.

by Johnners » Fri May 11, 2007 9:08 pm

Hi All,

I'm a little tired and emotional because I have got G15 CSK back on the road this evening after two months under the welder's torch to replace the sills and the body mounting points. Forgotten what great car it is...quick, smooth, rattle free and sounds great! If anyone wants to talk sill replacement, let me know.

Can't believe no one wanted free entry at Gaydon on the Heritage run last weekend, but there you go! I only saw one CSK there J36 CUC (I think) and it was in the car park - very clean example.

Anyway, on to the run. Like Mr Moore, if the run occurs I would join from York - if we get some interest - and some commitment - then I would try and get a reception or a photo-call at the local dealership so we had a staging point to meet...

If the run's not happening then I think we should try and arrange a meet at one of the established shows. It would be great to get 10 or 20 cars together...or even 5!!

Mr Moore - may try and get to Driffield on Sun and will seek you out if I do.

Cheers, Johnners

by Design Engineer » Sat May 12, 2007 8:59 am

Finally, it looks like I am getting my csk, I have waited patiently, scouring the classifieds and net, finally I have come to an agreement on the very first csk i ever saw and just missed. Hopefully will be heading over to the mainland next weekend to pick her up, I hope she will be everything I expect her to be. I would be interested in joining the "rally" but could not committ at this time until I get familiar with "MY CSK" oh I've waited so long to say that...
Also for me it would be dependant on ferry prices. All the best! :D

by Michiel Bakkenes » Sun May 13, 2007 12:46 pm

Congratulations with YOUR CSK. You did mention that the car comes from the mainland. I wondered, does this means that the car comes from Europe. I live in Holland and I am curious where you pick up this car,
in Holland? I know of a csk in Holland and the car is LHD!!

Michiel, owner of number 041

by Design Engineer » Sun May 13, 2007 9:09 pm

Oh sorry, mainland for me means England, Scotland & wales, being an islander from Ireland...

by j,moore » Wed May 16, 2007 4:25 pm

why dont we do like john reddie and johnners sujested and have a stand at one of the large shows. i dont mind helping to roganise it and anyone intrested in showing a csk can be sent passes and as most shows are on for two or three days it will give people the option of just visiting for one particular day or for the whole event. it may not be as spectacular as a large convoy touring the country but i think this will apeall to more owners and hopfuly generate more intrest and mabye then a rally could be organised. just an idea, if we can get owners intrested, who knows

by Anonymous User » Sun May 20, 2007 12:43 pm

I would be excited about the idea of a stall at a show, and would definitely attend and would be proud to put my csk on show for all to see.

Does anyone know when / where the major shows are this summer ? I have never been to the one near Worcester, but I understand it is a really nice part of the world, so maybe this would be a good location ?

I've recently become the carer of CSK number 2 and she's currently recieving a new upper aluminium tailgate, a tow hitch, a decent stereo system and there is a bespoke leather roof lining on its way !

Hope to see lots of other csk's at a show soon. Lets get this booked up and maybe more people will be encouraged to sign up if it is definitely going to happen.

Chris.

PreviousNext