A CSK "rally" in 2007

Drop in, say hello to other owners and fans, and buy some coffees...

Re: A CSK "rally" in 2007

by Simon CSK » Mon May 21, 2007 5:34 pm

Would like to be involved but my CSK requires some TLC and I am in Scotland so a littleout of the way particularly if you are intending to tour the southern part of England. Fixed show or a tour around the whole of the UK and once my CSK is sorted wilbhappy to be involve.
Simon CSK

CSK no.98

by Mr G in NYC » Tue May 22, 2007 11:50 pm

I;m up for it if I can get back to the UK. for a break.....I live in NYC......however I was just
in London and Yorkshire last week in my CSK # 81, forgot how fast these beasts can fly..
Lots of folks stop me at petrol stations and ask about the marque.
It would be great to get as many as possible together.......
I collect 1960's lambretta's as well and we are always getting together for
rides all over the world...........so I am sure we can all organise a get together
etc........maybe involve Land Rover owners magazine etc and see how many
we can photog together..
Best regards to all out there

Grahame.

by Design Engineer » Wed May 23, 2007 12:48 pm

A bespoke headliner.... sounds interesting, let us know how that turns out... i am all for subtle modifications which improve the owner / drivers pleasure of owning the vehicle. Do any of the rest of you have any opinions about modifing classic vehicles? I'm not talking pimp my range rover here or max power, more so Overfinch or AMG esque... I read earlier there is a CSK with an RPi 4.6 installed, that appeals to me too.Good luck with 002. ::o

by Simon CSK » Tue May 29, 2007 2:10 pm

I have seen in one of the mags an ad for a CSK pickup. I had heard about this prior to seeing the ad.
What a waste of a CSK!!
Simon CSK

CSK no.98

by j,moore » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:07 pm

hi there, just wonderd if any decisions had been made about the rally, i bought a new chassis and axles last week and i am about to build them up into a rolling chassis to form the basis from which to start the major overhaul of csk 34. so if there is not going to be a get together then i am going take her of the road shorty. please let me know, see you soon, jim

by Shane » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:55 pm

Hi All,

I am based in Galway in Ireland. I have No. 095 and she is running well. I would be up for a Rally or road trip what ever the case may be so you can add me to the list. I think it is a good thing to do as it will help create and maintain interest in the CSK which can't be a bad thing and also it is good to meet others that have been bitten by the same (and dare I say it) life long CSK bug :).

Regards

Shane
Shane CSK095

by John.Reddie » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:56 am

Hi

Firstly, apologies to all for my lack of action here - I've been snowed under with other work etc.

I'm not persuaded there's enough interest for the rally at the end of this month as I originally envisaged it. Half a dozen cars is not really enough. Double that and there'd be some point to it I feel, as I don't epxect everyone to want to burn litres of fuel to do the whole course, and a couple of CSKs per leg is a bit daft and I doubt would generate any press interest or luscious photos!

So I think we have to plan something else. Maybe for the autumn. Or maybe try the same idea then and see if the timing is better for more people? The important thing, one way or another, is to get maybe ten or more CSKs in one place at the same time.

Please comment here and let us all know who's really up for this one way or another. I was a little disappointed at the general lack of response to my round robin email... but many thanks to the few that did reply!

thanks,
John
John - CSK072
WebMaster - www.rangerovercsk.com

Previous