when things go bump.

Drop in, say hello to other owners and fans, and buy some coffees...

when things go bump.

by j,moore » Wed May 16, 2007 3:57 pm

hi everyone, took the csk for a spin last thursday prior to going to driffield. A fifty mile round trip via the humber bridge to make sure every thing was ok, she motored on very well, quiet and smooth whith good fuel economy and no problems, that was until only four miles from home due to a forien driver not knowing the road and overtaking a parked mini bus right before a give way sign slaming his brakes on causng the car behind him to slam on and then i came on from behind and then shunted the second car (the forien driver who caused it all got away whith out a scratch). i slammed the brakes on hard but there just wasnt enough room to stop, so i backed the csk up to see that the back of his car was crunched up quite badly and then wondered what damage i had done to mine so i jumped out to survey the mess but very luckily the only damage sustained was a smashed driving lamp a slightly bent bumper and a small dent on the bonnet (i was lucky). so after exchanging details i drove home anoyed but relieved that it was no worse than it was. most of the damage was repaired the next day and i went to driffield as planned. but i think this is a stark reminder of how easily thease old cars could become scrap very quickly as some probibly did when they were younger. anyway everythings ok now apart from the dent and the bumper so just remember when your out and about in your csk be careful, i certainly will be in the future, see you all soon, jim

Re: when things go bump.

by andy lanham » Thu May 24, 2007 4:55 am

Hi
sorry to read about your experience.
Do you need a bonnet?
I have several taken from late hidden hinge vehicles (but not csk!).
Can always give me a call on 01202 668666