So who wants a "new" CSK ?

Drop in, say hello to other owners and fans, and buy some coffees...

So who wants a "new" CSK ?

by John.Reddie » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:05 pm

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C467162

The description accompanying this advert is of course a little fanciful, and I note that if one has to ask "how much?" then one (probably) cannot afford it - but this does illustrate that people are starting to really see our CSKs are collectors items now!
John - CSK072
WebMaster - www.rangerovercsk.com

Re: So who wants a "new" CSK ?

by Defender50th » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:08 pm

For me all the new this and new that means very little of the original CSK is left and spoils it. It looks stunning but original for me is better, and it's £105,000 ?!?!?!!
----------------------------------------------
James

by Mr G in NYC » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:09 pm

Its not a CSK as the original engine has been replaced
by a 4.6 lump……..nice car but at the end of the day
its a 'Franken" CSK, So to a purist its been ruined…….

Just my twopenny worth :) G.

by iveson » Thu May 08, 2014 6:47 pm

Its like a rare painting.

People buy rare paintings for investment and to exchange worthless paper into valuable tangible assets.

Of course , with a painting you can't do much with it but hang it on a wall and admire it.

With a CSK, all can admire it in the street or you can cruise down the motorway in it...in both cases, owners of new Range Rovers will realise theirs is depreciating fast whilst yours is appreciating fast.

....and in any case, the little Maggie semi-piedfort coins are safer spent and invested in rare paintings or a CSK than left in the high street bank of which none are solvent for if they were then there would be no continuing Quantitive Easing and their £trillions of financial junk on their off-balance sheets could be sold on the market to your pension fund ( and you hope to collect on that pension fund when the time comes I presume ).

So much better to have an aprreciating asset like a CSK or a rare painting for example.

JMHO

by iveson » Thu May 08, 2014 7:39 pm

A work of art !!

http://www.classicandperformancecar.com/front_website/gallery.php?o=0&id=423460