CSK 173

Drop in, say hello to other owners and fans, and buy some coffees...

CSK 173

by Shane » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:52 pm

I see that 173 is for sale on Ebay, it looks like a good car by the sounds of it.
Shane CSK095

Re: CSK 173

by csk173 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:53 pm

Further to this message, a little bit of history on 173: The buyer who won the car on ebay failed to turn up to collect it and having left my number with the vendor, I was lucky enough to buy the car for £1250 on 8/1/07. And a great car it has been - a credit to James, the former owner. It has never failed to start (except for the time I flooded it) despite shortish runs only on Sundays, and its condition overall, whilst not perfect, is not too bad. I had planned to keep the car until the summer to fully enjoy its V8 burble through an open sunroof and windows, and yet a trial effort in the AutoTrader last week has yielded several phonecalls (including from Holland!) which has resulted in the car being sold on. I hope the new owner does not mind me adding that he braved snow and ice to drive from Luton to Liverpool and back last Friday to inspect and buy the car (he already owns no. 008) and suffered me locking him out of my house whilst doing this but I am delighted that an enthusiast has taken the car on. Shame that it has always been local to Chester where the car was registered and is now an honorary southerner. Just thought it would be good to add to the archives.

by rrdoctoruk » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:44 pm

i have to say i have just boughtt his off of the guy in luton to save it as he was going to break it,he does not own number 8 one of his employees has run into a post and this was bought for its parts,
james the former owner has not looked after it as there are numerous things wrong with it,namely a siezed viscous coupling wich has resulted in the front axle being scrap,front steering arm bent,exhaust blowing,heater not working,petrol gauge inoperative,reverse lights not working,no rear chrome bumper,fiberglass rear parcel shelf,door lock drivers side not working etc, :(
but rest assured this will all be fixed

by Design Engineer » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:14 am

Seems someone ain't tellin the truth, I nearly flew over from Ireland to buy it too... :(