CSK - unknown number

Drop in, say hello to other owners and fans, and buy some coffees...

CSK - unknown number

by David Webber » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:11 pm

Hi ... just discovered the web-site, but I have been searching for history for ages. I bought my CSK four and a half years ago from the West Midlands. It had no history and had apparently been stolen at some time. Consequently its numbered plaque had been removed and as far as I am aware there are no records to match vehicle details to allocated numbers. I had heard that an apprentice was given a bag of plaques and a bunch of keys and told to find the vehicle and to stick the plaques on the dashpanels. Urban myth, or true? I fear that it is true.
Anyhow, having checked the registration and chassis number with LR mine is genuine. Registration is: H901 KAR on chassis SALLHABM3GA462931 first registered on 15 Nov 1990. It is in good condition, having covered just 98k miles.
If anyone can help with its identification, I would be most pleased to hear from them.
Cheers, David - Newport, South Wales

Re: CSK - unknown number

by stuclark » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:57 pm

As you say, there's no way of tying the CSK no.s to chassis numbers, as is evident by the fact that no.1 is the 6th off the line, no.200 is 5th off the line, and no. 41 was 75th off the line.

It may end up being more a case of trying to track down which CSK no.s definitely don't exist any more... or look for ones which may not be real CSKs.

One thing's for sure - you've got the rarest CSK going... no. 000 :)
CSK 109: Genuinely 34K miles, genuinely unrestored, genuinely in need of some TLC.