update 177

Drop in, say hello to other owners and fans, and buy some coffees...

update 177

by Darryl » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:36 pm

This is just an update on 177

We have owned 177 for just over a month now. In that time we have done over 3000 kms and had the vehicle resprayed aswell. Went diving at Sordwana Bay in Zululand Natal and used the vehicle every day to go about 19kms up or down the beach. Have to say this Range Rover drives a darn sight better on the soft beach sand than my 110, which is to be expected I suppose. Normally when we go diving we sleep in the back of our 110 but as many of you have probally found out, there aint much leg room in the back of a RR. This time we booked a log cabin and treated ourselves to a bit of luxury. From there we drove down to Durban to show off to my nephew who only has a lowly Disco 2. Returned to Germiston with a round trip of 2100km. 15.275 litres per 100 kilometers, which I feel is not to shabby.
Driving 177 on a long trip was an absolute pleasure, road holding was excellant, comfort was more than good enough and this thing flies. Many times found ourselves topping the 160 kph. Supprised no speeding fines. In fact we prefer 177 to my BMW now on a long trip.
Had 177 resprayed last weekend and this guy has done a beautiful job of the vehicle. My 110, my 88' shortie and my Series one Land Rovers all looked so tatti next to 177 that we are getting them all resprayed. Fortunately it is a private guy who comes to our house to do it so the cost is not to high.
We are just waiting for a restorer to finish the interior woodwork and 177 will be back to virtually origional. Once we have the stripes and decals attached we will post a couple of photos with typical South African winter background (no green grass).

Cheers for now

Darryl