New Boy - CSK 050 finds home inThe Hague, Netherlands

Drop in, say hello to other owners and fans, and buy some coffees...

New Boy - CSK 050 finds home inThe Hague, Netherlands

by Robert » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:28 pm

Evening all,

New Boy present! Having today aquired CSK 050 I thought it a sign of good will to share my enthusiasm and join your friendly band of brothers. As a 46-year old 'boy' I couldn't stop snapping pictures to show to my wife and children, for owning and driving a classic Range Rover has been a wish for quite some time. Bumping into a Dutch CSK was a pleasant surprise and actualy seeing her in a well-running state, hard sills and posts, slightly sagging rooflining and a spot of rust on the upper tailgate, made me buy her instantly. I will be collecting her the end of next week and bring her to my home in The Hague.

Original registration from the MOT-slips: H5CSK, probably Somerset or Dorset-based, based on the Wessex-FM radio-bumpersticker. VIN SALLHABM3G463156, corresponding with the automatic transmission. Nr. 50 was brought over from the UK in 2000 after having covered approx.71400 miles. The Dutch owners brought the clock to it's current 117851 miles over the remaining 8 years, before parting with the car just recently. Both owners were very carefull to keep the original Black vinyl Owners Manual, including Taunton Garages businesscard and all the MOT-slips. The boxed certificate - regrettably - is not with the car. I haven't gone through the rest of the documentation yet. Should you want a copy of the manual, I'd be pleased to be of assistance.

In Holland the car was converted to underslung LPG, keeping the boot free of an ugly black tank matching the Beluga paintwork and was put on a 1980-chassis. Apparently a jolly trick to qualify for a road-tax waiver in The Netherlands as the vehicle will be regarded a classic; I don't mind .... never knew this when I was restoring my MGB.

Will she be put to use: oh yes! Cars need to be well used and well mantained. I think that's the fun of it all. The only trouble I am expecting is parking the bugger in those narrow The Hague-street, when getting home from work and ready for a drink and shouting children....

In short - actualy the post is probably far to extensive thanks to my enthusiastic nature- I'll keep you posted shortly.

Cheers!
Robert
Robert Heezen CSK050

Re: New Boy - CSK 050 finds home inThe Hague, Netherlands

by Robert » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:31 pm

A quick peek at nr. 050. Next week she'll be cleaned extensively for further inspection and one or two better pictures, preferably out in the sun.
Robert Heezen CSK050