New Owner - 153

Drop in, say hello to other owners and fans, and buy some coffees...

New Owner - 153

by Jeremy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:14 am

Hi,

Just a quick line as new owner of 153. Picked it up from Stuart on Sunday and drove her straight back home.

Its a reasonabley solid manual with an RPI 4.6 in it. Has got great potential and a list is growing fast for it!

Currently on a set of all terrain tyres and aftermarket wheels they're coming straight off to be replaced by original wheels and Pirelli Scorpions (nice wide ones).

Suspension is going across to 1" lower springs with gas shocks and blue Polybushes (just ordered, hopefully fitting this sat).

Steering is a little interesting a present, may put a twin damper unit on it, ultimately a quick ratio box.

Brakes are rubbish, fluid change and general overhaul coming up ASAP.

Engine is OK, will hopefully dyno at some point but more urgently has a very annoying miss at 2k rpm. Getting a full service etc tomorrow.

Current radio and speakers are a little lacking, much better system going in.

Bodywork wise original front spoiler and fog lamps on ASAP, new bonnet, A pillars, tailgates and paint to follow.

It joins the Kestrel prototype (currently being put back on the road) as well as a couple of Overfinches and various other LR products!!

Photos to follow :)

Re: New Owner - 153

by Jeremy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:43 am

Springs, shocks and tyres ordered!

by Jeremy » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:06 pm

Been through the workshop for an inital check over, MUCH better than hoped for!! :D

This one is solid! Looks like nearly new calipers, pipes, pads and disks.

Slight weep from the t/box output seal, sump gasket a bit of a weep, mess from the oil filter and the PAS pump is leaking. Swivel seals are a bit rubbish but otherwise very very good!

Minor downsides, someone has glued the access panels under the front of both seats in (pain to connect her up to read the ABS codes but not impossible). The centre box has been replaced with some flexi pipe. Thats not staying..

Tomorrow sees the new springs, shocks and proper Polybushes fitted along with oil leaks sorted. Assumeing all goes to plan, then a thrash upto Suffolk and back...

by Gareth » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:09 pm

you do pick a good 'un you lucky thing! mines off the road for a while untill i get funds and a place to do a full strip and rebuild done (apparently ive got to wait untill after i get married (new year) or i'll lose bits of me, the soon to be she-who-must-be-obeyed does have a wonderful way with words! (:D )
No. 57
old enough to know better-young enough not to care

by Jeremy » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:13 pm

Quick update... Car is now lowered (1"), decent shocks fitted. Ran out of time to get the Polybushes fitted.

Dave (owns a 50th with an RPI 4.8 in it) had it yesterday to sort the brakes out. Job done! He's bled them correctly and sorted the bearings out. We now have proper brakes.

New tyres are fitted to the original wheels so its looking right, just spoiler and fog lights to go. May make a sight *addititon* to the front...

Engine still has an annoying miss at 2k rpm, will look at that soon, also looking at something a little more drastic under the bonnet.

by Defender50th » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:53 pm

Hi Jeremy,

Nice to see a new enthuisatic member, you seem to be getting your CSK sorted out :)

Does it look good on the -1" springs, pics would be good.
----------------------------------------------
James

by Jeremy » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:05 am

Thanks, will sort some photos ASAP. Looks much better than it did!

by Jeremy » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:28 pm

Not the best photos, from last Sunday

[IMG]http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr52/sparkwood1/csk2-1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr52/sparkwood1/csk3-1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr52/sparkwood1/csk1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Still loads to do!!

by Jeremy » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:31 pm

New headlights fitted (can actually see at night now!)
PAS pump changed and leaks all sorted
New spoiler and fittings ordered
New radiator ordered

In pretty much daily use being driven hard (this engine is so revvy its lovely) and I'm getting roughly 15 mpg which I'm happy with.

by Gareth » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:58 pm

nice to see such passion for landrovers! from the pics you have a very special couple there! CSK and G4 (going a bit green with envy here!) i'm limited to the CSK which is in my parents back garden at the mo as no room at my place (one stupid space for parking!)trying to source a barn or workshop so can work on it in the warm and dry!! :D
good luck with the repair work!
No. 57
old enough to know better-young enough not to care

Next