a day at the beach

Drop in, say hello to other owners and fans, and buy some coffees...

a day at the beach

by Robert » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:24 am

Evening all,

Sunshine was a good excuse to take nr 050 for a quick spin to the beach at Scheveningen. Today I returned from the LR-workshop with new calipers, disks, pads and a new set of coilsprings. Towing a horsebox was a bit of a strain on the rear springs over the years and made her somewhat saggy, especially when dealing with speedbumps (we have plenty of those around in Holland…).

Next mission is mounting a new stainless steel exhaust, renewing the rickety-tappets, camshaft and timing-gear (I am told this will be a hell of a job…or costing a bundle to get it done by the professionals), dealing with a bit of oxidation on the lower door-edge and finally giving the paint a good rubdown and polish, after a full waxoyl treatment when wheather is permitting and a bit more to my liking.

In short: we’re not ready yet, but she’s a bundle of fun. I’ll deal with the Bedouin-tent later (the children like it and I’m still able to see traffic without having to bend over the steeringwheel, although I feel it touching my head as I'm about 6.3"...and a new headling will not make me grow shorter...)

Attached are a few pics I shot today.

Cheers,
Robert Heezen CSK050