New Member CSK #23

Drop in, say hello to other owners and fans, and buy some coffees...

New Member CSK #23

by C1CSK » Fri May 15, 2009 6:55 pm

Greetings all. Just found this site, googling about. Had the car seven and a half years now, after chancing on it in a line up of 10 or so used vehicles in Callander while on holiday. Sold my 15 years owned XJ6 3.4 to buy it - no regrets, I did enjoy the Jaguar - trouble was my wife couldn't see over hedges in it - she's happy now though!! Good to know there is a site such as this to locate various CSK Range Rovers.

Re: New Member CSK #23

by Defender50th » Sat May 16, 2009 6:50 pm

Hi, welcome to the club, nice to hear you enjoy your CSK after many years of owning it.

Funny the previous post to your was from 022 :)
----------------------------------------------
James

by C1CSK » Sat May 16, 2009 11:27 pm

Thanks James - looks like the 20s CSKs are well represented - I intend to send a picture for the grid when time allows. The car has covered 64k miles and has been on the road since purchased, averaging about 1,000 miles a year. Its original number is H178 EGB, and was supplied in February 1991 out of Morrisons of Stirling. I was hoping to purchase the number H23 CSK for it, but this was never issued, C1 CSK was available at the time of looking around so it seemed a good second choice. No major work has been carried out during its existence, I have documentation of a rear bumper replacement at about 18 months (rear shunt) and in my ownership, its had a top tailgate and repairs to the cill areas, both sides though I was reassured when informed that good metal was quickly found when ground back from the repair areas. The wheels were powder coated shortly after purchase and I've suffered one breakdown thanks to the "throttle pot" giving up the ghost on Valentines night three years back on the way to see Ryan Adams at the Sage Gateshead. The headcloth is beginning to give in to gravity, though nothing too bad yet. That's it really - a constant source of enjoyment to us both, after having a Vogue SE for 5 years and a 3.5 manual 'long stick' before that (written off in a head on with a Mitsubishi Colt - also written off - long story) the CSK is by far the best of the three I have owned. Does anyone have any advice on tyres? The originals are no longer manufactured - I am currently on Scorpions which are fine, but not the same characteristic as the T rated original spec. Would be interested to know of other owners experiences in replacing tyres.....
A while ago someone sent me two photos of their car as I was considering starting a register the reg is H991 EWK, but I dont know what number it is. I'm sure there'll be more to follow......happy motoring
Chris Hill, Morpeth, Northumberland.
C1 CSK

by Defender50th » Sun May 17, 2009 12:32 am

Hi,
Nice to hear your treating your CSK how they should be :) I think its nice to keep these rare land rovers in nice low milage origonal condition.
I always like Michelin tyres, not sure what the current product range is like.
----------------------------------------------
James

by C1CSK » Thu May 21, 2009 8:50 am

My thinking is that I doubt I will find another manual car(which is the option I was seeking when dreaming of getting one) in such good shape,and given the statistics shown here on this forum, my thinking is not too far out (unusual!!) so I'm going to prolong the life of the original vehicle for as long as possible. The repairs carried out have been essential rather than fanciful but there is still plenty to find that needs improving. We recently holidayed with the caravan using the CSK, which is the second time - first was Devon, this time it was Yorkshire and it performed with merit. My biggest gripe with the auto box (previously owned Vogue SE) when towing was the constant change down to 3rd from top when at about 56 - 58 mph which is a critical speed when pulling a caravan, whereas with this baby, its a smoother run, and fourth from fifth is usually enough to keep the revs even. Anyway, all for now, keep those eyes peeled. Best......
Chris