csk 34 update

Drop in, say hello to other owners and fans, and buy some coffees...

csk 34 update

by j,moore » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:55 pm

hello, i found your wbsite a week or two ago when looking for a csk to buy and last week i was fortunate to buy number 34 on ebay. but as happens now and again it wasnt all it was told to be, as i found after driving the 245miles or so to collect it. But after some haggling i bought it. and so not knowing how far i would get before i broke down i set of home, but to my amazement it purred all the way home at an average speed of 75mph and on less than £60 worth of petrol witch i thought was briliant, and so 4 hours later i arived home. The next day we set about esablishing the bad bits, the body shell has quite alot of rot none structural though, the alloy panels are quite moth eaten the center diff is ceased, the bumper is almost rotten but on the up side the chassis is solid and the engine and auto box are supurb. it now recides in north lincolnshire at our farm as part of our collection of classic/vintage land rovers, cars and farm machinery thankfully we are more than capable of handling all the work in our own workshops an so hopefully some time next year it will be fully restored. i think your website is exelent and i am quite suprised at the following that the csk has gained and as i am often told, keep up the good work and no matter how bad it is it can still be fixed so keep smiling
many thanks james

Re: csk 34 update

by Design Engineer » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:31 am

Well done James, it was me you were bidding against on Ebay, after reading your post, i'm glad you won the auction. (:D All the best with the restoration.

by John.Reddie » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:18 am

Welcome James - I've updated the database details on No34 accordingly. I'm just the other side of Peterborough so not so far away really, and mine sounds in a similar state to yours, but my centre diff works!
John - CSK072
WebMaster - www.rangerovercsk.com

by j,moore » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:52 am

i,ve just seen that you have added the new info on your site, just one note i forgot to mention, the one of preveous owners have sold the csk 656 plate so now it is on a j reg, number-j964jkp. it seems that to some one the number was worth more than the vehicle. i will be taking some photos later this week so if you could tell me how to, i will send one or two to put on your site if you like.
many thanks james