my csk?

Restoring or repairing your CSK? Please share the joy (or otherwise!) here, and also please feel free to ask questions too. We'll try to help but our advice is an opinion only and you use it at your own risk...

my csk?

by bobmax » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:42 pm

ive got which i believe 2 be csk no.7 can u verify if this is true?,but ur data base does not confirm,/ ?reg no. now A1SSK was H427JRO owned by a mr J Cawley of Tythe Farm Woodend Kempston Bedford?i have signed cert in box and id plate on dash both confirm no.7?i ca be contacted if urgent by mob on 07912568342 cheers.rob m.

Re: my csk?

by stuclark » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:21 pm

As the general info says on this site, there's no list of which cars are really CSKs and which aren't - not according to chassis number anyway. (the CSKs were built alongside export 2 door and normal 4 door models, and don't have a specific chassis number range.

If your car has both the signed certificate and the badge on the centre console then it's highly likely that yours is indeed CSK No.7. An extra check (while accepting the above) is to make sure the chassis number starts SALLHABM7GA or SALLHABM3GA for an auto. The rest of the number should be around 460800 but this bit is somewhat vague.

If your car matches all the above, it's either a VERY good fake (which if made from a legitimate car would have cost far more than a real CSK) or it is the real deal. Personally I'd say it's the real deal and the info in the database is wrong.
CSK 109: Genuinely 34K miles, genuinely unrestored, genuinely in need of some TLC.