New camshaft

Restoring or repairing your CSK? Please share the joy (or otherwise!) here, and also please feel free to ask questions too. We'll try to help but our advice is an opinion only and you use it at your own risk...

New camshaft

by Robert » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:15 am

Gents,

Just received my nr 050 from the workshop with new camshaft, tappets, chaingear, waterpump and some loose change of bits and parts.

She is now realy SLOW, unresponsive and sluggish. In the midrange speeds she has trouble accelerating when overtaking and at 3000 rpm everything seems to halt. Kickdown on the automatic gearbox requires my foot on the floor and the she shiftsback 2 gears after some persuading. This is not the responsive car I was used to.

A few questions:
- was the CSK by any chance fitted with specical specs camshaft? I didn't find any evidence, but I could very much be mistaken.
- does the ECU need to be re-chipped?

This is frustrating. Please help me out with some sound advice.

Cheers, Robert
Robert Heezen CSK050

Re: New camshaft

by garytanker » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:34 pm

Hi,At a guess going on what you have said I would say the valve timing is not set correctly,even if the camshaft was wrong which I dont think it is it should not perform as badly as that.Cannot imagine anyone making a camshaft to have the engine to run with such low power rating if fitted correctly.
Yours No 43