Sun Roof Seal/Headliner

Buying or selling - anything from a whole car to a wheel nut - please post here and good luck...

Sun Roof Seal/Headliner

by saw » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:36 pm

My Sun Roof lets in rain water and the drains dont seem to cope with it. Its ruined my headlining! Does anyone know where I can get new seals and headlining? Thanks Simon

Re: Sun Roof Seal/Headliner

by PeteB » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:38 pm

Seals might be an issue but you can get a headlining from Nationwide trim.

Worth checking the drain holes while you've got the headliner out, they can get blocked.

A quick dose of compressed air down each tube should help blow them out.

by saw » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:05 am

I've blown out the drains with air many times and they still dont seem to get rid of excess water. Some water squirts out in the front wheel arches so I presume there are plastic tubes buried in the body work for this purpose. I wonder if these tubes are kinked or perished in some way. Not sure how to extract them. Perhaps they are visible under the headlining.

by iveson » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:08 pm

I've been led to understand a new biscuit or whatever is now unavailable for the metal sunroof models.

I think mine will need a headlining-healing although the biscuit underneath is original so just need the cloth re-glued back on the foam I suppose.

Does anybody know where I can get new cloth and the best glue to use.

Thanks.

Peter.

by stuclark » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:31 am

I tried using spraymount to re-glue the cloth but it doesn't work / won't stick well enough.

I'm sure there is an easy re-glue option out there, but I haven't yet found it. (and yes, mine does need doing)
CSK 109: Genuinely 34K miles, genuinely unrestored, genuinely in need of some TLC.

by iveson » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:34 pm

I did come across a headlining project on the internet being done in the USA.

The glue used was a heavier duty 3M glue....it was NOT the #77 spray adhesive which was said to be not strong enough.