Number 153 for sale

Buying or selling - anything from a whole car to a wheel nut - please post here and good luck...

Number 153 for sale

by CSK153 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:55 pm

Sadly the time has come to place number 153 for sale -

In case anyone is interested more information:
J reg - December 1991. Manual gearbox with factory fit airconditioning.

The first owner kept it until December 1995, and I bought it from the second keeper in October 2006.

Currently the mileage is 159,407 - it had a new MOT in July at 159,389 - and was 158,268 when I bought it.

I have bills of well over £5000, major components are: brand new engine (4.6) from RPi engineering at 120,000, with heavy duty clutch , mallory unilite distributor etc

New Ashcroft Transmissions Transfer box March 2005

Full stainless sports exhaust with new manifolds, and Y piece in July 2007.

New heater matrix and heater fan late 2006

Optima red top battery late 2006

Alternator February 2007

In terms of body work the CSK has had new sills, rear cross members, full front inner wings and rear inner wings, boot floor, upper tail gate.

All trim is in excellent condition, although the headlining is sagging.

There is a heated front screen that is not connected, the electric sunroof doesn't work nor does the rear wiper. The original radio cassette is present but not working, although wiring and speakers are operational.

Some external body work is required, some paint blistering/scratching, minor dents and corrosion.

In summary no. 153 is in excellent mechanical condition - the new engine only having run less than 40,000 miles, and the new transfer box even less. It would benefit from some external cosmetic attention but is currently entirely useable and did not require any attention for it's MOT 18 miles ago!

I would be happy to forward (or post?) photographs if required.

best wishes
George Johnson