What new springs and shocks to use

Restoring or repairing your CSK? Please share the joy (or otherwise!) here, and also please feel free to ask questions too. We'll try to help but our advice is an opinion only and you use it at your own risk...

What new springs and shocks to use

by buzzer » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:12 pm

Just after a bit of advice. It is probably a good idea to change the shocks and maybe the springs on my CSK all round as it is partially stripped down. What springs shocks does anyone recommend? Are they std units? Is there a good upgrade? Ideas please.

Thanks

Dave

Re: What new springs and shocks to use

by stuclark » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:37 pm

I believe they're "uprated". The workshop manuals should be able to give you the details; unfortunately I don't have my one to hand
CSK 109: Genuinely 34K miles, genuinely unrestored, genuinely in need of some TLC.

Re: What new springs and shocks to use

by 125 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:55 am

All replacement springs are 25% “unrated ie stiffer. If the originals are still at the standard height keep,the, as the ride is much more supple. I have replaced my shocks with Bilstein gas units and very happy with the, big improvement in handling as the old ones were the original factory ones which had done 190,000 miles so,well overdue for replacement.

The workshop manual has the full spec for springs for all Range Rover Classic including decoding the coloured stripes on them and what that translates to I. Spec